Online Training Courses
Welcome to Barkbrigade’s brand new online training courses.
Despite the restrictions we all face due to the Coronavirus, you and your dog can both still learn many valuable new skills by following one of our online training courses.
Good Dog – Level 1
Welcome to GOOD DOG – LEVEL 1 where your dog can learn all the skills necessary to thrive with their human families. Whilst dogs have been bred to live with us for many, many years we can’t discount the fact they were once wild scavengers and us still still enjoy hobbies like bin raiding, people drag racing and legging it after squirrels!
Dogs don’t come knowing the key skills needed to be a Good Boy or Girl and just like young children, they need teachers to show them the way.
In GOOD DOG – LEVEL 1 we start to teach your dog how to be the goodest boy or girl your family could wish for including:
- Sitting and staying when asked
- Settling and chilling when asked
- Coming back even when there are squirrels
- Walking with the person on the end of the lead and not pulling them like the huskies they saw on the Christmas advert on the Telly Box
- Being the best and fastest dog at fetch in the dog park
- Leaving stuff when their person says even when its the tastiest snack in the hands of a human puppy
- Listening to your every word
- Doing simple tricks to prove to your neighbours and friends they really are the goodest boy or girl in town
Of course this will require a little effort from you too. Like any parent, showing your dog the way is the key to your dog graduating from the Good Dog level 1 class. In this class we have squished lessons into short 5 minute daily sessions Monday – Friday. Commit to just 5 minutes a day and marvel at the results.
Puppy Toilet Training
Welcome to Barkbrigade’s mini crash course on puppy toilet training.
In this short but detailed course we are going to guide you and your puppy through the toilet training process. Puppies don’t come knowing the key skills, they need teachers to show them the way. Time and consistency is vital to toilet training but with these 6 easy to follow lessons, that will give you all the information you need to set your new puppy up for success.
- In this toilet training crash course we cover,
- The early stages
- Setting them up to succeed
- Excitement and submissive urination
- Common questions
- And a bonus section
Loose Lead Walking
Welcome to Barkbrigade’s Loose Lead Walking online training course, where you and your dog can learn all the skills necessary to achieve that wonderful feeling of loose lead walking. Dogs don’t come knowing the key skills needed for this, so its our job as owners to show them the way. The course is split into 10 fact filled lessons, giving you the information you need to achieve your goal of that smiling lead, and gives it the potential of being one of the most enjoyable activities you and your dog can share.
In this Loose Lead Walking course we help you,
- Understand why dogs pull
- What equipment is best to use
- How to build reinforcement history
- Eye contact
- Heel position
- On the move
- The 3 Ds – distance, duration & distractions
- Fast Fire Focus & orientation – focus games
- and a bonus lesson of harness conditioning